Tgi Friday'S

03 5709690

Tgi Friday'S Cairo Reviews

ChrisMcDevitt ChrisMcD…
American Dining in a Foreign Country Dec 28, 2008
Travelling with me is a bit of an ordeal, I barely eat anything. That's not to say I eat like a model or someone with an eating disorder, I simply have very refined tastes, and by refined tastes, I mean chicken fingers, McNuggets, pizza, pasta, steak and that's about it. I don't like spice, vegetables, fruits, juices, rice or anything of that nature.

I travel to taste the culture not their food. Which is why I was pleasantly surprised to find American staples such as TGI Fridays, Hard Rock Cafe, McDonalds, Hardees, and Pizza Hut all over Cairo. The food is not the same as it is in the States but they make the effort.

We ate out on a deck facing the Nile, had a few drinks, laughs, and then went out the main entrance to a small little "shisha" cafe. They have a $25 pound per person minimum, but considering that's less than $5 dollars American it really isn't an issue. Everything we found in Cairo was reasonably priced and the Fridays was no exception.

The waitstaff left a little to be desired, they were not as attentive to us out on the balcony as they were the 'restaurant' folk, and comically the waiters had no idea what their 'Flair' buttons actually said. My dinner companion praised our waiter for being a Yankees fan, and he did not understand what she was talking about. The manager later told us, the waiter had found the hat out on the deck months ago and wore it ever since.

If you're looking for the comforts of home, at a reasonable price, with an awesome environment, I'd highly recommend spending lunch or dinner at the TGI Fridays. The "shisha" cafe stops serving alcohol early like 6 or 7, so if you want to drink, I'd advise having lunch at the Fridays.

Check Cairo Hotel Deals