2-16, Nagoya, Japan

Tōgan-ji Nagoya Reviews

anewchapter anewchap…
The Green Buddha of Nagoya Aug 16, 2014
The Togan-Ji Green Buddha doesn't appear on many lists of 'must-see' places to go but it definitely deserves to be on the list. As far as Buddha monuments go I would say it is hand in hand with Kotoku-In, The Great Buddha of Kamakura.

The monument itself is very grand, slighty gaudy with the green colors but I thought it was great. No big crowds, just a big green gem hidden by the trees of Nagoya. The elephants surrounding the Buddha are also very cool. Theres also a giant hand monument next to the statue, as-well as other great monuments throughout the area. There's even a pet cemetery.

The monument is very easy to find, there are sign posts but I recommend using googlemaps first to know your way.

I'd highly recommend visiting the monument if you are in Nagoya. It's free, fun, great for photo's and kids will love it.
anewchapter says:
I didn't see any tombstones in the shape of pets and obviously I couldn't read the writing on there. I only knew there was a pet cemetery from looking at the website before I went.
Posted on: Aug 18, 2014
trippin_jen says:
pet cemetery? do they also have tomb stone? i coudn't find a picture of it?
Posted on: Aug 17, 2014