Texicano Hotel

Texicano Hotel Rates and Deals

Texicano Hotel Ilocos Norte Reviews

blurbmoi blurbmoi
Decent hotel in Laoag Sep 19, 2008
We stumbled upon this hotel by chance on our first time to Laoag.

Our tricycle driver from the bus stop helped us scout for a place to stay and this was our second stop.

Upon checking the rates I found that it was fairly affordable, with an additional discount as I haggled at the counter. Noting how tired we were and that we were only staying overnight, we decided to go for it.

If you're looking for a breathtaking hotel, this is not it. The facade looks like a school, and the rooms, at least the double bed room we stayed at, looked more like a classroom.

There were 2 spare folding beds apart from our 3 single beds and with the spaciousness of it all you could definitely house a few more heads. An awkward looking sink and mirror is positioned near the door. Old, smelly cabinets are desperate for content, which I did not indulge.

Despite the aesthetics, the hotel was able to provide the amenities we needed fairly such as comfortable and clean beds, hot shower and a spacious toilet that reminded me of my Vietnam hostel as the window did not have a curtain but faced several house roofs, so good luck to privacy.

In desperation we tried out the hotel restaurant and with the only dish we ever got to order which was 'Chopsuey' or mixed vegetables, I was unimpressed and would not consider myself to give a fair rating on their other dishes.

All in all if you're not too picky, this 50-roomed hotel can serve your basic needs and I would still recommend it for first time travellers in the area.

Rates and amenities are all posted on the website conveniently and you can even reserve online through: http://www.flyphilippines.com.ph/laoag/texicanohotel.html
School building facade, taken from…
Hotel restaurant, taken from online
One night only
blurbmoi says:
Thanks for the smiles, hope this review was helpful to you.
Posted on: Jul 21, 2010