Tex Wasabi's

www.texwasabis.com - (916) 927-8399

Tex Wasabi's Sacramento Reviews

mellemel8 mellemel8
GUY FIERI'S RESTAURANT....SUSHI/BBQ....HMMMMM?!?! Aug 14, 2008
This is one of Guy Fieri's restaurants in sacramento county and sonoma county. he is the winnner of "the next food network star" in 2006

this is near erin's(poohstanggt) house after a 3hr drive from San Jose we were hungry. we drove in time for after 9pm happy hour. this restaurant is mixture of BBQ and sushi bar. yeah i know weird mix but it works. as you enter there is a small memorabilia of Guy Fieri. near the sushi bar. there is a wall filled with some of the diners, drive ins and dives that he has visited. we ordered these:

Pork Slyders

Tender, pulled pork with BBQ sauce & slaw on potato rolls. Gold Medal Winner, Harvest Fair. OVER 100,000 SOLD!

OMG HE HAS ONE OF THE BEST BBQ SAUCE. I LOVED THE SLYDERS WITH THE SLAW.

Killer Egg Rolls

Some of the best egg rolls you will ever try. Not preprocessed, never frozen, just fresh. Marinated chicken, cabbage, bean sprouts, carrots, ginger, onion, garlic, flash fried & served with a teriyaki dipping sauce.

THI WAS PERFECTLY FLAVORED WITH ALL THE INGREDIENTS. FRESH AND CRUNCHY.

Dark Side of the Moon

An Omar Special! It is an inside out roll with smoked salmon, unagi, soft shell crab, kanikama, & green onion. A very hearty roll.

WOW THIS WAS YUMMY. I LOVE EEL AND SMOKED SALMON TOGETHER.

NEXT TIME I COME BACK. I WOULD LIKE TO TRY:

Tres Amigos

Maguro, hamachi, sake & cucumber reverse rolled, topped with tobiko, ebi & avocado. This is a big one!

Kemosabe Roll

Tapioca rice paper roll with sushi rice, BBQ beef brisket, french fries, crispy onions & a garlic chili mayo sauce.

Red Sox “Lobster” Roll $12.50

w/ lobster, green onions, cucumber, avocado and sriracha mayo.
PULLED PORK SLYDERS
DARK SIDE OF THE MOON ROLL
KILLER EGG ROLLS
COLLECTIONS OF GUY'S "DRIVE IN, DI…
poohstanggt poohstan…
Where BBQ and Sushi Worlds Collide Aug 14, 2008
Guy Fieri recently opened a restaurant in Sacramento called Tex Wasabi's and it is an interesting combination of Southern BBQ and California style sushi.

We decided to sit at the bar since it was late and the dining part of the restaurant appeared to be closing. We discovered a late night (9-11pm) happy hour menu which worked out perfect since we didn't want a big meal this late. Some of the menu items are rather funny and you see Guy's sense of humor evident in things like Eddy's Mommy (edamame - soybeans) or a carburetor roll.

We decided to take advantage of the happy hour specials and ordered two appetizers and split a regularly priced sushi roll. We had:

Pork Slyders (2 for $3 or 3 for $4 happy hour) - tender pulled pork with BBQ sauce and slaw on potato rolls

Killer Egg Rolls ($2 happy hour) - fresh marinated chicken, cabbage, bean sprouts, carrots, ginger, onion, garlic, flash fried, and served with teriyaki dipping sauce.

Dark Side of the Moon sushi ($15.50) - inside out roll with smoked salmon, unagi, soft shell crab, kanaikama, and green onion.

Overall, the food is very good and the atmosphere is great. They were starting karaoke when we were leaving and I have a feeling it's a popular hang out on certain nights of the week. Can't wait to go back for more pork sliders!! OMG!!!
Tex Wasabi's Sacramento
Dark Side of the Moon roll
Killer Egg Rolls
Pork Slyders
Melissa919 says:
Did Mellieee tell you about our tempura ell crunchy roll we drool over now??? omg we gotta go munch on some when you are here .:)
Posted on: Aug 18, 2008

Related Travel Blogs About Tex Wasabi's

How Many Balls Do You Get in One Order?!?!
Melanie and I had been talking about my insane craving for Falafel balls all week......it hit me before I picked her up at the airport. OMG! There is a Guy Fieri place he reviewed on his show, D…dinner?"  LOL.  We decide we will check out Guy Fieri's actual restaurant in Sacramento, Tex Wasabi's....... …

Check Sacramento Hotel Deals