Terry Black's Barbecue

Austin, Texas

Terry Black's Barbecue   Austin Reviews

LanceR LanceR
Good Austin Bqq Oct 06, 2015
The pork spare ribs were tender, well seasoned.

Brisket, which I like to order fatty and with char, was just that, but with a perfect meat-fat-char ratio and with a delicate, unassuming, yet sufficient seasoning.

The beef ribs are gargantuan as the should be (You can order a baby one and split it with a friend and that would still be enough meat for a meal with sides) and therefore very expensive, but they're worth it because they're also done right. They're tender, well seasoned, great texture, and very good fat content. They're an entire world away from the nightmare of tough sinewy beef rib experience I had at The Salt Lick in Round Rock.

Sausage is your standard BBQ sausage fare, I've yet to meat an impressive BBQ sausage.

Big pluses for me were that it's not a scene where I have to wait in line with a bunch of hip musicians with complicated shoes all day only to be underwhelmed (yeah, I'm talking about you Franklin's) and also it's open past 3PM, which for a nightcrawler like myself is important. Too many times have I driven 20 minutes to try some BBQ at around 6 or 7PM (which for me is a perfectly fine time to enjoy some BBQ, I don't understand who the hell is eating such crazy heavy food at 11AM, only to stumble back into their offices Q-drunk and pass out in their cubicle) only to be met with the worlds "Sold Out" written on a piece of cardboard. Definitely my best BBQ experience in Austin so far. Terry Black's has actually restored my waning faith in the Austin BBQ scene.

Check Austin Hotel Deals