Terrible Casino

Osceola, Iowa

Terrible Casino Osceola Reviews

pearcetoyou pearceto…
Terrible Casino May 26, 2011
Osceola in Clark County Iowa boasts the most terrible casino this side of the asteroid belt. And the folks who put it there surely must have had prior knowledge when they aptly named it, "Terrible".

The Terrible Casino sits right off of interstate 35, south of Des Moines. To the unsuspecting motorist, it might appear as an oasis in the vast fields of farmland. As it were, the oasis turned out to be a mirage. And let's not confuse that with the "Mirage" Casino in Vegas.

It all started when we checked on a room at the casino hotel. When the nice lady informed us they were sold out of rooms I think we must have turned back in unison to have another glance around. The casino was practically nonexistent of life forms. The clerk may have read our thoughts when she explained that the hotel only has 20 rooms...total. And as it happened, two busses with retired tourists from Ottumwa or Waterloo had just pulled in that day.

Later in the evening, after securing a room at another hotel, we returned to the scene of the crime and was met at the casino entrance by an employee who must have been a retired farmer from the area. When Harri produced her U.K. driver license the man studied it thoroughly. It was apparent he had never seen anything like this before. After some prodding from Mark, the elderly man reluctantly let all of us in.

Things weren't getting any better as we walked onto the casino floor; riverboat casinos actually have more floor space than Terrible. We eventually found the bar, where the lady attending us went absolutely crazy when she learned that Harri was from the U.K. At one point, after inspecting her British driver license, the woman exclaimed, "I can't believe I actually touched an I.D. card from Great Britain!" I'm convinced that the people in Osceola have never had a visitor from England...not until Harri arrived on the scene.

Our next stop was to the tables to play some blackjack. Unfortunately, there aren't many tables to begin with, and only three of them were opened. Those three were all being played and so we asked if they could open another table for us. They wouldn't. We found the roulette table and asked if they would open it. They wouldn't. The most action we were going to get the rest of the night would be at the slots.

When we decided to get something to eat we were informed there was no place to eat after 10PM in Osceola. We settled for about the only thing they had to eat at the casino...nachos. The nachos, as a matter of fact, was the highlight of the night.

If you've ever been spoiled by the bright lights of Vegas, or some other gambling mecca around the world, Terrible Casino will most certainly prove to be a laugher! If you've never been in a casino before, then perhaps you might not know what you're missing, but I doubt it.
Lacey007 says:
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, James! There are much better places to review in Iowa than that casino!!! lol
Posted on: May 28, 2011
travelman727 says:
Chris, you got that right! However, I think James, Harri and I hit the Monday night rural Iowa hotspot :-D
Posted on: May 26, 2011
reikunboy says:
sounds like they got the name right.
Posted on: May 26, 2011

Related Travel Blogs About Terrible Casino

Along about 7PM we arrived in Osceola, Iowa and decided we would spend the night here since they had a casino just up the road, and Harri had never been to a casino yet (so sorry this was your first …Osceola, Iowa and decided we would spend the night here since they had a casino just up the road, and Harri had never been to a casino yet (so sorry…

Check Osceola Hotel Deals