Tequila Museo Mayahuel

tequilamuseo.com - (916) 441-7200

Tequila Museo Mayahuel Sacramento Reviews

robzvoice robzvoice
Tequila Museo Mayahuel Jan 27, 2013
A friend of mine and I decided to check out this Mexican restaurant in Sacramento as a small way of celebrating my birthday. Since I'm partial to tequila, I thought the experience would be well worth it.

History: Mayahuel is a tequila museum, featuring a restaurant, bar, and lounge. Tequila represents much about Mexico’s proud heritage and its people, culture, art and livelihood.

Location: The restaurant is situated in downtown Sacramento. It's within walking distance from Hyatt Regency Hotel, Sheraton Hotel, IMAX theater, and convention center. (http://tequilamuseo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/map.jpg)

Food: The food I ordered was called "Arrachera a la Tampiqueña" which consisted of a marinated flank steak paired with a chicken enchilada in a green tomatillo salsa and is served with rice. I washed it all down with a glass of their finest tequila blanco and Mayahuel Fresca De Agave margarita. The food I had was extremely delicious!

Service: Oscar was our waiter, but there was another waiter and waitress that came by our table to fill our drinks and take our empty plates. Oscar was also working the bar but never forgot about us and made sure we were taken care of.

Atmosphere: This greatly depends on what time of the day (or night) you arrive here. I'm sure it's more lively in the evenings than during the day. We went during the day and it wasn't as crowded. Oscar showed us around the Coa room where private parties are held and where they have displays of books, artwork, and crafts celebrating the art of tequila-making and tequila-drinking.

Overall: I definitely recommend this restaurant! If you are in the Sacramento area, go ahead and check it out!

Check out the short video tour of Mayahuel here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAXb6kHPQek

Check Sacramento Hotel Deals