Tephavong Guest House

Check Luang Prabang Hotel Deals

Tephavong Guest House Luang Prabang Reviews

andrejav andrejav
Tephavong Guest House (Oudomphong 2 Guest House) Jun 16, 2013
Tephavong Guest House (Oudomphong 2 Guest House) was in general direction of the suggestion that we got from Australian couple that was in town earlier this year. They told us that guest houses are cheaper on the left side of the square, and we did pretty good job carrying our backpacks and asking for prices in more than dozen places. Luang Prabang is the most expensive town in Laos, but it was strange that the lowest good accommodation is double what you pay in other places. We got good double room for 80000kip in the nice guest house with confused name. I have seen other guest house in the area with the same name so it must be that this is expansion of accommodation.

Location is very central, right next to the fresh food market, a block from the river and a bit more to the main square. Small street take you some 30 m inside the block until you get to the gate of the house. Few hair cutting places are scattered on the both sides of the street and they look like serious places to do some styling. I was surprised how many ladies come there every single night and stay till late working on the manicure, pedicure and hair… Green and nicely made garden awaits you when you enter the premises. I tried to lower the price but owner was a hard nut to crack. Older gentlemen, very experienced and knew that we can’t find same quality of the room anywhere around. But we tried… unsuccessfully…

So, we came back after searching all over and took really nice room with a bathroom inside. It was one of the places that has power key, and you have to put your key in the key holder inside the room in order to have any electrical power. That system bothers me if I stay somewhere short time because I like to charge my electronics while I am not inside the room. Bed was fantastic, big, comfortable, covered almost whole room. Room had fan and AC, but I really hate AC and if there is no extreme need for it I will avoid turning it on. We were on the first floor, right on the corner, with both windows looking at the garden, and I was thinking that the noise from the street and from people coming and going from the house won’t let us sleep, but area is very quiet and people seem to join that notion… Bathroom is excellent, hot water, all things needed are inside. Shoe racks are in the front of the room so you can keep it clean and tidy.

Coffee and tea are free all day, but coffee is instant type with sugar and cream… But no choice makes you enjoy in the things you don’t like. They will wash your things for a fair fee and I used that service to clean half of my stuff. Owner is levitating in the house all day and he is very helpful (you will need some patience and lots of sign language) with showing where to go. Food market across the street has amazing night food stalls. Extremely good 1$ all you can eat…

Check Luang Prabang Hotel Deals