Tempelhof Airport

Berlin, Germany

Tempelhof Airport Berlin Reviews

keenriser keenriser
Wide open area in the middle of the city Dec 07, 2010
Tempelhof was closed down as an airport entirely in 2008. In 2010 the former airport grounds have been opened to the public. All the infrastructure is still there, which I found very interesting.

If the weather is any good, you will find people walking, cycling, flying kites or just simply hanging out here.

There is no shade, or water whatsoever at the premises, so if it's hot out, don't forget to bring your own devices. If the weather is bad, it will probably be worse here. Due to the wide open area it is usually windy.
Kite flying at tempelhof
The runway in Tempelhof

Related Travel Blogs About Tempelhof Airport

Arrival to Berlin
We could not sleep very well that night as we get so excited when we travel. We woke up quite early to get to the airport a couple of hours before de flight. I have missed several flights, so I guess…airports you find in Berlin. That I know of, you find Schoenefeld, Tegel and Tempelhof.  Tegel airport was only…
Berlin, Day 1
When I arrived at Tempelhof airport, I was amazed by how small it actually is. It's old and a bit run-down, bound to be closed someday soon, so I've heard, but it's nice and kind of feels like steppi…Tempelhof airport, I was amazed by how small it actually is. It's old and a bit run-down, bound to be closed someday soon, so I've heard…

Check Berlin Hotel Deals