Television Tower (Fernsehturm)

Berlin, Germany

Television Tower (Fernsehturm) Berlin Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Great relic Aug 18, 2012
I had not been in the Berlin TV tower since 1979 and I was looking forward to do it again. We had booked a table for lunch, which turned out to be a good idea as there were a 2 hours waiting time to enter the tower if you had not booked. Booking a table was perfect because it gave us a priority ride all the way to our table and I can only recommend others to do it.

The Panorama area is located 203 meters above ground and the restaurant is situated only 4 meters higher or one floor up. The restaurant measures 32 meters in diameter and it is actually turning 360 degrees in just about 30 minutes. In the old days it was only once an hour but when they modernized they increased the speed to twice the speed.

The two lifts are quite fast travelling 6 m/s and you arrive at the panorama level less than 40 seconds after you entered the lift. The tower was opened the 3rd October 1969 and even though they refurbished the interior it was pretty easy to recognize the old feeling.

A piece of advice is that you have to use your ticket to both enter and exit the tower.
The TV tower
Bojasem Bojasem
wonderful view May 26, 2012
One of tallest TV towers in the world , this tower in the city centre of Berlin, Germany. Close to Alexanderplatz, the tower was constructed between 1965 and 1969,The original total height of the tower was 365 metres (1,198 ft), but it rose to 368 metres (1,207 ft) after the installation of a new antenna in the 1990s.

the tower are crowded in the entrance but you will not wait long time to be in the sphere.

the fee of tv tower 12 euros.

there are nice resturant in the sphere you can eat or eat and enjoying the view.

the view of berlin in the tower fablous , the Engineer who do urban planing of berlin genius

i see beautiful paint in real life.
londonstudent londonst…
Oct 08, 2004
The view from the viewing platform is very fine, and if you don't know the geography of Berlin then seeing all the main features laid out below you can be a great help - so I would visit it earlier rather than later in your stay. Actually getting in can be a tedious business, as everyone has to be ferried up in lifts. Audio guides are available in English, and are well-worth hiring. When I was there it was open until quite late at night.
Typical view - see blog entry (8th…
The Berlin Dom and Television Towe…

Related Travel Blogs About Television Tower (Fernsehturm)

On to the weekend
We finished up early with work yesterday (Thursday) and I must say the first work portion of this trip went better than I expected. We accomplished everything we had wanted to and made some good cont…Fernsehturm (television tower) [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fernsehturm]  in east Berlin because the view was supposed to be great. When we got there…

Check Berlin Hotel Deals