Benalmadena, Spain

Teleferico Benalmadena Reviews

davidx davidx
Fine views and great birds of prey show Oct 22, 2012
Benalmadena is on the Costa del Sol between Fuengirola and Torremolinos. I can't say that it is really my kind of place any more than much of that tourist coast. However it does have several attractions, the one appealing most to me being the cable-car or teleferico It goes a long way up - almost to the summit of Calamorro Mountain.

I have been on more scenic cable-cars. The views to the sea are fine but the mountain itself has little vegetation or interesting rock structure. Nevertheless its sheer length and passage over the town make it interesting.

I knew before going up that there was what was described as a falconry display free at the top. In fract the only entry is by teleferico ticket. I have usually been starkly disappointed by this sort of thing and the sight of beautiful big birds in pathetic little cages does not appeal. I suppose the fact that it was very hot and thaT I did not feel up to the walk to the top explain why I went to the showing. It turned a rather ordinary day out into a special one. There were cages indeed but there were also numerous birds of prey flying free. As well as the displays they provide a research, breeding and rescue centre. The display itself is the best I have seen. Calling it a 'falconry' display is not the best of ideas because it is far more. Falcons, two types of vulture, a golden eagle, kites and owl all play a part in turn. The show is well done and children are encouraged to join in, to call in the birds and feed them.
Chokk Chokk
May 05, 2007
In the touristic city of Benalmadena there are a lot of different activities that you can do besides beaches and bars. One of the activities that I never would have concidered was the cabins going to the top of the mountain infront Benalmadena. The view from the top was beautiful on this clear day. A return ticket was 12,5€ and it was clearly value for money.

On the top there was a trail around the top _ a really nice walk. There was also a falconer and a horseshow.

Some of the main users of this feature was bike riders who transported themselves and their bikes to the top for a fast run down to the start again.

Check Benalmadena Hotel Deals