Telaga Waja Rafting

Jalan Raya Muncan, Bali, Indonesia

Telaga Waja Rafting Bali Reviews

sandy_ryanto sandy_ry…
Rafting in Bali - Telaga Waja river Mar 29, 2008
Rafting is one of my excitement, and when you here people saying the term 'whitewater rafting', it is something that is a luxury for Indonesia (Jakarta, literally).

All of my previous experiences for this (twice in one close to Jakarta, once in Central Java and another one in Bali), I would say, none of them are better of compared to this spot, Telaga Waja river.

It was a year-end holiday when me and my cousins were in Bali, and planned for the trip. Trip arrangement was very easy, hooked up with one of the street-side touring agent company, brushed up our bargaining ability and got the trip for $22 Telaga Waja river rafting per person.

That includes all the transportation necessary to the spot, snacks, lunch and equipments for 3 hours (12 km) raft trip.

We started the day in 6.30am when the pick-up van picked us up, and the journey took slightly over one hour. Had to wait for other vans, and enjoyed the tea/coffee served.

Once all were ready, briefing were done and we were stunned with the view straight away, we're surrounded by the paddy field down the valley. The river was pretty clean, and the water was white (i kid you not, white !). I was amazed as not so many rivers in my previous could possibly in white color...

The trip started and we're splitted into 4 per raft, and along the way, it was much like a fjord if it's in Scandinavian besides the river...stopped in the middle for waterfalls, and continued.

All the fun eventually has to end...

One word of advise, the touring company is not 'that' matter, but when you're in Bali and plan for a rafting trip, demand for Telaga Waja compared to the other rivers.

Reasonable rate for the 3 hour trip is about 200,000 IDR (about $22) per person for full package. If I were you, I won't expect to get the cost any lower, because it is all worth the money!!
All of us on the waterfalls.
my cousin in action (good actor)
Action!!
sandy_ryanto says:
hi....apologize for my late response...i think i've missed these ones.

yes, you may get your camera with you along the rafting trip...the escort guy will keep it save on their 'dry bag'.
this would explain on why would i be able to post those picture of mine and my cousins, wouldn't it?
Posted on: Oct 11, 2009
waelahmed says:
thank you sandy_ryanto for your post and advice. it's very helpful. and Atrony had a very good Q. has to be ansured
Posted on: Oct 09, 2009
Atrony says:
Is it save to take photocamera with you to rafting trip? Or it's better to leave it at hotel?
Posted on: Jul 13, 2008

Related Travel Blogs About Telaga Waja Rafting

Telaga Waja, Rafting, June 2010
Bali , the “Island of God”, has been always georgeous with the beaches, the temples, scenery of rice fields, and the mountaineus view as well. This time I decided to explore the river. On…Telaga Waja, almost 14 km, and took roughly 2.5 hours. It was a continuous experiences of bumping rocks, low bamboo bridges (the ones that require you to lay back…
THE 7 BEST THINGS TO DO in BALI in 2011
THE 7 BEST THINGS TO DO in BALI in 2011 Punctuate this year with meaningful experiences. Choose from options that girdle the globe – from Go Green and birthday parties to sobering memorials. H…rafting experience, the Telaga Waja in East Bali put simply, will challenge you and your guide every step of the way! TELAGA

Check Bali Hotel Deals