Teddy's Campsite

Check Gili Trawangan Hotel Deals

Teddy's Campsite Gili Trawangan Reviews

derekbilldaly derekbil…
Teddy's Campsite Dec 10, 2009
Ever wanted to live on a beach?

How about your own private beach?

Well, Teddy's Campsite is a mere 30 metres from a beach that is so devoid of people that it may as well be a private beach.

Is it a plus that at this beach, you can snorkel from the shore and see sea life that is almost as varied as the Great Barrier Reef? (according to Wikipedia, there are more varieties of sea life around the Gilis)

The tents are very spacious. The facilities are basic but so long as they are clean, that's all you need from a campsite. The facilities are very clean.

I must say, the best thing about the place is the owner, Ted (not surprising eh). His laid back sales pitch is what sold me in the first place. It was like an oasis of fresh air after some of the heavy handed sales pitches in Indonesia.

Ted is a very nice man with manys a story to tell and to enjoy listening to. He is always quick to put he kettle on too.

Some of my best times on the island where spent on the baruga (a shaded, matted, wooden platform type thing) with a coffee in hand avoiding the sun (remember I'm Irish) and chatting to Ted or Helen, his Partner.

Oh it's the only place on the island where I can promise you that you will not have to worry about the power running out during the night and killing your fan... at Teddy's, the sea breeze rushing through your tent is your fan!

One of the best accomodations that I have stayed in for all the above reasons and many more. (Please remember that it is a campsite and not a hotel, but you get more than what you pay for)
Whereever I Lay My Hat I Call home