Teatro Amazonas, Monday nights.

Manaus, Brazil

Teatro Amazonas, Monday nights. Manaus Reviews

mjb_1201 mjb_1201
Jul 10, 2007
If you like a bit of culture and history and happen to be in Manaus on a Monday then a visit to the Teatro Amazonas is deffinitely for you.

I took a tour around the building in the daytime (available in various languages) and was blown away by the frescos, costume displays, the stories that the guide was telling the group and in one of the rooms, a wooden floor meticulously constructed from thousands of pieces. The guide also informed the group that at 8 o'clock that evening (Monday) there would be a free performance in the Teatro.

I arrived thinking I was early at 7.30 to join the end of the queue which already lined 2 sides of the (large!) building! To my surprise everyone fitted inside and we enjoyed a modern dance performance of around an hour absolutely free in the most spectacular theatre I have ever been in. Modern dance doesn't really float my boat but the whole occasion was brilliant.

The free Monday night performances take place in the Teatro Amazonas, Manaus from June to December. They vary from ballet to modern dance to popular Brazilian music and are well worth checking out!!! Enjoy!!!

Check Manaus Hotel Deals