Team of Women Working as Con Artists

Budapest, Hungary

Team of Women Working as Con Artists Budapest Reviews

studentoflife82 studento…
Be careful before being invited to a bar or restaurant Aug 18, 2011
I was in Budapest alone while I was looking at my map. A group of female tourists from Croatia(actually con artists that are Hungarian but claimed to be on vacation)approached me and asked me if I wanted to join them for drinks. I was alone and they seemed nice. Long story short.....I was stuck with the bill and the waitress was in collusion with the team. I was out $200 and it was a bad night. The next day a Harikrishna monk told me there are 6 teams a girls like that targeting people like me. Don't let it happen to you. So I thought about going back to track them down but I didnt want to waste the rest of my vacation time and even if I did...what could I have done? I guess next time Ill just run away from the restaurant and hope the police doesn't catch me. But then again the restaurant was part of the scam. This is where i learned not to stand out as a tourist even in a relatively safe place like Europe. That was the last time I let a pretty face lure me into a trap. I did get a few drinks out of it and I was able to have a story to write a review about so was it worth it?
TravellinChic says:
OMG! :) You should be careful...there are many who prey on tourists...esp when alone...dont trust easily. :)
Posted on: Jun 01, 2011