Teaism

400 8th St, Washington, DC, USA

Teaism Washington Reviews

kcndc kcndc
Teaism on 8th Street Oct 10, 2010
Right up front, I have to tell you, I loved this Teaism after the first time I ate here! There are 3 in the area, check: www.teaism.com.

The 8th Street/Penn Quarter location is the only one I've visited (so far) because of it's handy location near the museums and other attractions. If you find yourself wilting and near the US Navy Memorial, stop in & order something from their rather large menu and go down stairs to sit in the AC, aaahhhhh. There is even a little koi pond to entertain any children that you might have with you.

Just as another reviewer here said, the Morroccan Mint tea is heavenly on a hot and humid DC summer day. I wish it came in gallons! No sweetener is needed, the mint flavor was very smooth and refreshing as it slid down my throat.

We have had quite a few different items but the ones that stand out are the very sleek looking black lacquer bento boxes with teriyaki salmon, a cucumber-ginger salad, edamame & rice and the tuna, broccoli, sweet potatoes, rice and both were well presented, delicious, and gone too quickly.

Because I visit DC somewhat consistently and with visitors to the area in tow, this has become one of my favorite places to take people for a quick and enjoyable lunch. Enjoy!
diisha392 diisha392
Dec 08, 2007
Teaism is a Japanese restaurant with three locations in DC; I have now visited two of them and enjoyed the experience both times.

The 8th St. location has two separate entrances, one to the restaurant and one to the gift shop area. Although the upstairs where you place your order was crowded, downstairs we found a relaxing corner near the koi pond. The seats are actually backless stools although some tables are located close enough to walls to provide support.

Teaism offers a wide variety of drinks and light food (breakfast, lunch, dessert). I had a mango lasse, a yogurt drink, which was really good. Ken and Beth enjoyed hot tea (served in its own little teapot with a handleless cup) while Randy had cold tea. Becky and Ken also had food, sweet potatoes with a miso sauce and edamame, both good choices.
koi pond
tartanhop tartanhop
Jul 27, 2007
I'm from Baltimore, and I have been to Teaism twice in about a week; that's how good the place is (add to that that I almost never go to DC). I've have limited, but spectacular experiences there. The place just smells amazing when you walk into it - like tea, really, but a warm, happy, enticing, tea smell. There's a neo-Starbucks like set up and atmosphere as well. So far I've had a noodle and tofu Asian salad, which was very large and not too expensive and quite tasty. I've also had three glasses of Moroccan Mint iced tea, which I can't say enough good things about. It's different, but fresh, cheap and perfect for summer - and you can get it to go! Awesome. They also have a variety of Asian fusion food like Bento boxes, sushi, nan, and edamame to name a few.

In addition, the service is pretty impeccable. We went at a fairly busy time during the evening dinner rush and our food was made promtly and was delicious.

And the decor is beautiful as well. An all around good experience.
Jon Jon
Jan 22, 2006
The ginger scone and chai are a great breakfast option if you want a light meal.
diisha392 says:
Definitely agree with the five stars. We had an enjoyable lunch here.
Posted on: Jun 27, 2007