Tea by the Sea @ The Wheelhouse

Porthcressa, Isles of Scilly, United Kingdom
Tea by the Sea @ The Wheelhouse - Scones with strawberry jam and clotted cream
Tea by the Sea @ The Wheelhouse - The lounge
Tea by the Sea @ The Wheelhouse - Cream tea
Tea by the Sea @ The Wheelhouse - The Wheelhouse Guest House and  the Tea by the Sea @ The Wheelhouse

Tea by the Sea @ The Wheelhouse Isles of Scilly Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
Not impressive May 26, 2012
I had walked by the Wheelhouse Guest House a couple of times on my way to Porthcressa Beach. It looked nice with the garden facing the beach and the outdoor terrace. Their board announcing cream tea also caught my interest.

After a cold and wet journey in the rain from St Agnes to St Mary´s it was the perfect time to try their cream tea, I thought! When I walk through the door a guy just looked at me (like he was wondering what I was doing there). When he didn´t say anything I asked if I could come in. He said yes, so I just went to a table by the window. I didn´t think that 3:30 pm was late for cream tea, but I was the only one there.

Besides cream tea, they also serve cakes and ice cream. When I was served it all looked pretty boring. The tea pot of stainless steal had no charm at all. The scones were warm, but that was the only nice thing. The scones with jam and clotted cream both looked and tasted boring.

The service wasn´t impressive either. The waiter never smiled and never changed the expression on his face while I was there. After I was served I was forgotten.

There are other places in Hugh Town, which serve cream tea, so why go to Tea by the Sea @ The Wheelhouse?

I woun´t be back!
The Wheelhouse Guest House and th…
The lounge
Inside Tea by the Sea @ The Wheelh…
Cream tea
Chokk says:
Ha,ha - I guess either peoe talk a lot or not there!
Posted on: Aug 06, 2012