Tea Spot

www.teaspotco.com - (212) 505-0969

Tea Spot New York Reviews

Transitory Transito…
Cozy Tea lounge and study area Aug 14, 2009
Wandering around with a friend on a rainy afternoon by Washington Square Park, my feet were wet from splashing in puddles. So we stopped by the Tea Spot to warm up.

Housed in a dusky blue painted townhouse, the Tea Spot still retains a homey charm. Inside the lights are a bit dim, and the decor has a lived in feeling.

The woman behind the counter was happy to open up the huge drums of tea for me to smell, and offered her recommendations. At $5 a pot, the price was cheap. We headed to the downstairs area where there were more tables, some antique furniture, a faux fireplace, and some comfortable chairs as well.

No one rushed us to leave, we just sat around for hours chatting over tea. Another recommendation for the Tea Spot is that there is free wi-fi, as I saw another patron with his laptop. He was all settled in with a newspaper...This seems to be a very relaxed, quaint place to gather round for quiet, reflective time. Upon countless returns, Tea Spot has a special place in my hollow heart.

For pictures and more reviews: http://www.yelp.com/biz/tea-spot-new-york

Check New York Hotel Deals