T'boli Hotel and Resort

T'boli Hotel and Resort - view from the national highway

T'boli Hotel and Resort Reviews

yheleen yheleen
Ordinary Stay Dec 13, 2009
What’s striking for me when I saw this place is the name itself – T’BOLI which is a name for an indigenous group in Mindanao. T’boli came from two words: Tau-bili, meaning small human creature (tau) of the fruit of wild vine (bili).

I have always been in awe of the journey of the indigenous peoples of the country and seeing a resort named after them caught my interest and so I opted to stay there. I was hoping I could see traces of the T’boli people in the resort but unfortunately, I did not.

There were native decors tho but aside from that, there were no other things that can connect the resort to the beauty of the T’boli people.

Anyway, what’s also different is that the swimming pool is located in front of the hotel and can be seen from the highway itself so if you’re swimming in broad daylight, people can actually see you. For Filipinos, majority of whom prefer to keep their swimming private, this is a huge challenge ;-) For in-house guests, swimming in the pool is free but for those who are not staying in the hotel, they charge 50 pesos as entrance fee.

All in all, T’boli is an ordinary hostel which costs less than 1 thousand pesos per day. The rooms are small and bath rooms are not that clean. I’m not really looking forward to staying here again but in fairness to the hotel, it seems relatively safe and the staffs are friendly as well. Food is also ordinary (nothing fancy, just enough to keep you from being hungry.)
view from the national highway
simple bed