Taxis in Kiev

Boryspil, Kiev, Ukraine

Taxis in Kiev Reviews

Johnpro Johnpro
Taxi trouble @ Borispil Airport , KIEV - Ukraine ! May 27, 2013
Just an advice for future travelers to Borispil Airport at Kiev Ukraine !!!

It's a true story and happen to me at 29th April 2013 :)

Just arrived to Kiev , Terminal F , and get out of the customs , a very gently guy come close to me and ask me if I want a taxi . I start a conversation with him just to check how much money cost the transfer to the city center !

He ask me 250 UAH ( 10UAH about 1 Euro) , the airport are almost 36 km far away from the city center !

The taxi driver speaking perfectly English and finally persuade me to drop me down to the city center for 20 euro !!!

But ask me to pay him the 20 euro in advance ... and did it !!!

The adventure just starting !!! He wasn't an official taxi driver but had a gypsy cab !!!

When we arrived to my hotel he was very hesitant to give me my luggage from the back side of the car and was locked ! He open the door and gave to me , When I was ready to leave he stop me wildly and ask me to pay him !!!

You can imagine what happen !!! I pay you , you don't pay me , I don't have any euro and etc !!!

I ask him to go at the police station together and found a solution there . We found almost over 5 policemen and no one spoke English , also the driver forgot all his English and said to me all the time , Mister don't speak English !!!

Finally after 45mins and carry a backpack plus a luggage found the police station in the center of the city but only one officer speaking English ! Waist about one more hour there and then take me with a Suv car to a central hotel !

They told me to speak at the receptionist in English , she translating in Ukrainian and the two officer to follow me will write down a Criminal report for this case !!! 4 Pages report for criminal case , save 20euro and don't pay him again , Waist 4 hours of my life and a toke also a small advice from the officers !!!

DON'T go outside today because are dangerous and maybe waiting for you !!!

Was about 8 pm and just get back in my hotel to be just 20 meters from the hotel to wrote the report !!!

Almost wrote an advice to wikitravel about the taxis to Kiev :)

Also read the advice about the taxis to Kiev at Wikitravel , is helpful :)

That happen all over the world , always I be careful but was my turn to get in the trap :)

PS. When I was ready to leave from Kiev I order an official taxi to drop me at Airport :)

Thanks to read me :)
A nice city view from inside the c…
Kiev to Airport 36km far away :) …
Johnpro says:
To be clear , I am not waiting to become as a featured this review :) It's a surprise for me :)
Just wrote my pain history just to protect future travelers , not only to Kiev but all over the world :)
Also had the cheapie lesson for my self because try to safe 5 euro and collected an adventure :)

As it have thank you everybody for the congrats and for your notes :)
Posted on: Jun 02, 2013
cotton_foam says:
Congrats despite the bad experience!!
Posted on: Jun 01, 2013
christl3 says:
Thanks for the tip. I guess we all just have to be so careful about such scammers.
Posted on: Jun 01, 2013
Paullfc Paullfc
Don't be fleeced by the over priced taxi Jul 01, 2009
One thing that became clear upon our arrival to Kiev was that taxi drivers will try to charge the foreign visitor 2 to 3 times the normal fare if youre a new comer and have little or no grasp of the language.

It is imperitive that you agree a fare before traveling in a taxi to ensure you get value for money.

Upon arrival at orispol airport we paid 250 grevna to travel to the heart of the city. On the return to the airport with more of a grasp of prices we paid 140.
Kiev, June 09
Independance Square, Kiev

Related Travel Blogs About Taxis in Kiev

Lost in the dark of Kiev - Kyiv - Київ
I guess renting a car here was not the brightest idea; well I had hoped that I could have gotten a car with GPS, but no no no. It was rather easy to find Kiev but from there I got lost due to a wrong…Kiev airport is situated just as you enter the hordes of Taxis. Inside the little boot a very efficient…
Long weekend Kiev
After a short flight from Amsterdam (it is only 2.5 hours from the Netherlands) me and my brother arrived at the Borispol airport in the afternoon of 28 june. First we have to go from Borispol to Kie…Kiev which is about 14 miles. There are a lot of taxi-drivers there who love tourist, and they…
Ukraine 2009
We arrived at kiev airport 2 hours late due to delays at luton. after passing through the shambolic customers we had to so how find a bus to kiev city centre the first challenge of our trip. we made …taxi driver dropped us off in the middle of central kiev in the middle of the night. Me and my brother…

Check Kiev Hotel Deals