Taxis in Brussels

Everywhere, Brussels, Belgium

Taxis in Brussels Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Taxis in Brussels Apr 23, 2009
In general driving taxi in Brussels is a pleasure. The cab drivers know the city very well and if you have the ability to pronounce the name of the street, bar or whatever you are heading at they will get you there without cheating you too much.

The taxis are not cheap because you have to take the traffic into the calculation; especially during rush hour where you can get seriously stuck. In the evenings and in the night it is much better and driving around in the city is then generally a pleasure. A taxi from the city centre to the airport is 40-45 €, a taxi from Brussels to Antwerp is approx 150€ but if you go the other way with an Antwerp taxi you can do it for approx 95 € - and there is no logic behind it. I have discussed this with the cab drivers without any luck.

I have taken many taxis from Brussels centre and there are huge differences which cab driver you get. Some drive extremely aggressive and especially if you have to catch a plane in Zaventem, these guys can make the difference between reaching your plane or not.

Some drive extremely slowly; like they are in sleep or zombies. I always ended up in this guy’s taxi when I was in a hurry. I call him the turtle because he looks like one and he drives like one. He is coming from Kinshasa, always well dressed in a suit; he is in his late 50ies and entering his car is entering a highlife music scene. I must say he is the calmest driver I ever met; he is completely indifferent to your request about speed and I have never seen him change mood or music. There is only one speed and that is turtle speed.

I had forgotten my turtle friend until today when I entered a taxi and I saw him again. This time I wasn't in a hurry so I just relaxed and listen to his Highlife; it was rather pleasant and I decided to put him in my review.

Related Travel Blogs About Taxis in Brussels

Liftoff and Day 1...
Yes, despite all my last minute spastic-ness, I managed to make it on the plane. This is directly proportional to the effort put forth by David D to get my ass in gear. He told m…taxis in Brussels (at least at the airport) are Mercedes Benz... That was somewhat startling. And of the women…
Travel Tips
Here are some travel tips which I have learned during my travels. I show the main ones straight away and then go into greater detail further on. Most Important: Go -  you will definite…taxi to that airport and not to another one also called Paris, London or whatever. Many Ryanair passengers in Brussels

Check Brussels Hotel Deals