Taxi in Dubai

Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Taxi in Dubai Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
Get in - don´t ask first! Sep 30, 2011
Dubai has 5 different taxi companies, one government run and four private once. They are recognized by the colour of the roof of the taxi. The drivers tie also matches the colour of the roof.

Blue – Cars taxi – 04 269 2900 – private

Green – Arabia taxi – 800 272 242 – private

Yellow – National taxi – 600 543 322 – private

Orange – Metro taxi – 600 566 000 – private

Red – Dubai taxi corporation – 04 208 0808 - Government run

• There are also taxis with pink roofs. They are women taxis. For women and driven by women.

How to use the taxi? Get in and then you tell the driver where you are going. I learned this the hard way. It was a Friday around 5 pm and I needed a taxi from Jumeirah Beach Park back to my hotel. The taxi stand outside the park was empty, so I was waiting by the pavement, like several others people. Every time a taxi stopped I said the name of my hotel and the drivers said that they were not going in that direction. Finally on my 5th attempt the driver said: “get in”. So I did. I told him what had happened. He then gave me a couple of good advice:

He said: “never ask a taxi driver if he is going to where you want to go. Get in, then you tell him where to take you”. In Dubai a taxi driver is not allowed to refuse a customer. The taxis are there to serve the customers and not to the benefit of the drivers. In my case, I was obviously not going far enough in the drivers opinion. It was Friday, the resting day for the Muslims, which meant less taxis than normal. I guess the drivers were trying to make some extra money. Seeing tourists, they probably thought that they would not get caught.

If this kind of behaviour is reported, it will cause serious consequences for the drivers. For the private companies it will result in a 300 AED fine ($82) the first time it is reported, a 500 AED fine ($137) the second time and “good bye” on the third time. For the government run taxis the driver will be deported if such behaviour is reported.
sarahsan says:
Glad my review could be of help to you Shady!
Posted on: Oct 17, 2012
Shady says:
Thanks Sarah for valuable information
Posted on: Oct 16, 2012
Jonathanchen says:
your introduction so good~very helpful to me,if i want to dubai~haha~Sarah!welcome to china~haha~
Posted on: Oct 08, 2011

Related Travel Blogs About Taxi in Dubai

Opulence: The high life in Dubai
I saw another Lamborghini. That made two in twenty hours after not seeing one for the past 24 years. Then I saw the Lambo dealership. Wow. The past two days have been spent rummaging around Dubai…taxi. Dubai is so gigantic that the taxi rides can be quite expensive. I think I've already spent…
CFD
Bargaining for Taxi's in Muscat
BIG MISTAKE!! (Continued from "Abu Dhabi blog entry)The bus from Abu Dhabi to Al-Ain was probably the most uncomfortable bus Ive ever taken with no legroom and hard seats. My friend managed quite ok,…TAXI! DUBAI , Abu Dhabi” over and over again until we finally managed to get into a silver cab with…
Arrived at 5.30 and needed a bed
I was pretty fresh when I landed and I couldn’t wait to get started. The plane had flown pretty fast and we landed more than one hour before schedule which pleased me. I had hoped to get some s…Dubai Fountain before taxi driver kept on talking about them for long time. It turned out that the Dubai

Check Dubai Hotel Deals