Taveuni Palms

Matei, Taveuni Island, Fiji

Compare Waiyevo Hotel Rates (7.6km away)

Taveuni Palms Taveuni Island Reviews

dylangwafa dylangwa…
Privacy Unique Concept Nov 16, 2011
Just came back from our holiday in Taveuni Palms. Our trip started with a very stressful flight disaster.. AirPacific from Hongkong was just a mess the plane left without us and without even informing us about the flight schedule changes, it was a nightmarish start we flew to Sydney then got into a flight to Nadi.. we lost one night because we initially booked for 5nights at the resort and it was just sad. This was my Partner's birthday Celebration!

Tony (owner of Teveuni palms) was really great in assisting us with our flight issues and he was hands on in making sure we get our next flight to the Resort. Vinaka Vakalevu Tony!. When we landed at Matei Airport Babu the airport rep. picked us up he gave us a little info about the island he is a very nice fellow, was also surprised that the resort is just 1minute drive (or less) from the small airport. I really thought that the planes would be disturbing but since they only have 2 flights coming in everyday and the planes are so small you will never notice.

We were welcomed by the entire staff they were singing a Fijian song, a very nice touch and Jimbo (the cute giant dog) was also there.. Sarah gave us a tour.. I was breathless the Villa is ginormous, we've been to many resorts around the world and this is fabulous.. It looks better than we expected, the photos in the internet could never justify that awesome feeling the first time we saw our villa.. The pool was a bit narrow but good for swimming. Two Bedrooms two toilets two outdoor showers.

Taveuni Palms is on the Sunset side of the island and if not because of the clouds, guests would really enjoy the burst of colors when the sun goes down. The concept is unique world wide the staff will never disturb you or come to your villa if you don't ask them.... it's a zero tan line zone so you can go naked and sunbath in your own private pool.. the beach wasn't that nice though...

The breakfast choices were ok, they gave us cheese platters and cold cuts in the morning and you can actually request for anything that you need just let them know there's a menu, and the herbs, fruits, vegetables, are organically grown in their own garden. thats why everything is so fresh. The staff takes time to prepare the table every single meal. The effort and the detail is just lovely.

Food was always good, i'm not sure with my partner but I really enjoyed eating at Taveuni palms, Teila comes after bfast to organize activities for the day, plan dinner or whatever we wanted to do. I gained 6kilos in 5days LOL

We also have our own spa pavilion we have two treatments in there and the girls we're just awesome...

We only have some minor problems with the laundry service, our shirts were not ironed not folded and that was really not a 5 star, my white under shirt was not the same white color when it came back, clothes smells clean but if the sleeves of our shirts were rolled up they came back in the same state, rolled up & crumpled. we have expressed this issue to the management and hope this one is fixed. Twice we did no get towel replacement at night, and we ran out of toilet paper and eventually found out before we left that there's a pile of toilet papers under our sink. we would've known.. other than that this place deserve their awards! You can never find something like this anywhere in the world! PRIVACY, GREAT HOSPITALITY LOCATION.. WOW

Teila gave me a cooking class and I took home with me the recipe. Teila was so sweet I had tears in my eyes when we left. You guys made me cry that farewell song you were singing was just sad! I miss all of you now!

I have to say hello to Robert! Dear you're one of a kind... Sia was great excellent service, next time will try Lovo with you Sia.

Vinaka Vakalevu!

Dan Gibson's Polynesian Spa - 12 - Farewell Song (isa Lei)

Compare Waiyevo Hotel Rates (7.6km away)

Taveuni Palms Map