Tastee Donuts

(504) 466-2136

Tastee Donuts Kenner Reviews

moviegal226 moviegal…
Fresh Donuts Sep 30, 2016
Tastee Donuts is the very definition of the perfect local dive. It's in a not-so-nice area and is open 24 hours (I would hesitate to visit after dark), it's exterior is unassuming, it's cheap and it's delicious. While they serve real food and not just donuts, I came here for the donuts. As we arrived, the friendly and sassy ladies behind the counter asked us in a no-nonsense manner: "what'll ya'll have, sugar?"

We ended up selecting a hot out of the fryer apple fritter, a glazed donut, a frosted chocolate donut, and a few donut holes. We spent less than $10 for all of this sugary goodness. Our huge bag of treats developed a nice grease ring on the bottom after just a few minutes. That's the sign of a good donut!

The apple fritter felt like it weighed 8 pounds, this bad boy was big and dense. It was good but not as good as the donut holes (they were my favorite). The glaze was just right and not sickly sweet, and the dough had a nice heft to it but was still light and airy. Think Krispy Kreme's texture but heavier.

Tastee Donuts is located in an unassuming shopping center and is a little tricky to find if you don't know what you're looking for. Their sign says Tastee Restaurant, not Tastee Donuts, so don't get confused. See my pictures of the exterior so you know what to look for.

These are fantastic donuts, there's an authentic local vibe, and the price is right. I'd love to try the food here next time because there were lots of locals in there getting sandwiches, hot food plates (the red beans and rice looked legit), and fried seafood. That's a surefire sign of a good restaurant.
It's a dive!
They serve cheap food too.
Fresh, heavy apple fritter. Yum.

Check Kenner Hotel Deals