Taste of Thai

216 The Commons, Ithaca, NY, USA

Taste of Thai Ithaca Reviews

vances vances
Taste of Thai Jul 01, 2011
A good dinner choice if you are strolling the Commons in search of dinner. This was my dinner choice the evening before my ultra-marathon, and even though my body can’t “carbo load” I figured I deserved a decent last meal in case I didn’t survive tomorrow’s challenge. Taste of Thai has plenty of seating and despite being a Friday night over a Fourth of July weekend I was seated right away.

The place settings were elegant, the interior decorations appropriate and tasteful, so a good beginning. I ordered some tea, Tom Yum soup and their Spicy Rad Nah (a dish resembling Pad Thai but with wide rice noodles). The Tom Yum soup was right up there with any I’ve had before, quite delicious. The Rad Nah, was good, but it didn’t stand out as phenomenal and I was a bit disappointed at having to wait over five minutes for my waitress to check in (she didn’t serve the entrée) –-- they had only set my table with a knife and fork and I wanted chopsticks.

Still, a minor complaint and overall a good meal with acceptable service at a reasonable price. The menu is extensive, backed with a wine and beer list that also covers some serious territory. Take-out is available and they even do catering. If you need something to Thai you over in Ithaca, a Taste of Thai is the ticket!
Taste of Thai, Ithaca, NY
Koralifix says:
Congrats on having this review featured, Vance! Well done indeed!
Vanessa_Mun_Yee says:
monky says:
Congrats on your featured review Vance! I have tried Thai food just a few times so not really any expert of this matter but since the first time I did it I loved it!

Check Ithaca Hotel Deals