Taste of India

Fruitmarkt 26, Hasselt, Belgium

Taste of India Hasselt Reviews

warmd warmd
Unbeliveably bad attitude! Nov 16, 2009
The waiter/owner of Taste of India is the rudest person it is my displeasure ever to have been served by. I made a reservation, I was shown to my table, I sat quietly, he came over & started to be SO rude & unpleasant that I quietly got up from my seat & left. A very uncomfortable & strange experience indeed.
novabelgica novabelg…
Exceptional Indian restaurant in the 'Capital of Taste' Dec 14, 2008
Hasselt, which is the capital of the Belgian province Limburg and NOT Brabant as TravBuddy apparently thinks, claims the title of 'Capital of Taste'. It does have its fair share of excellent restaurants and 'Taste of India' is probably right up there when it comes to tantalisation of your tastebuds.

Located in the nightlife district of the city, only a few yards from the immensely popular Irish pub, this cozy little place fills up rather quickly on a saturday night. It is therefore recommended to make a reservation.

When you step inside, the owner will greet you with great enthusiasm and show you to your table. From his interaction with his guests, it becomes obvious that he has a fair share of loyal customers. When you have tasted the food, it isn't that hard to understand why.

The menu has everything from Tandoori specials to lamb curry, naan and yummy deserts.

We went for the lamb methi with pillaw rice and the Moghlai Biryani, which came in nice little copper pots. The food was absolutely delicious and not too spicy. Just right.

We were curious for the deserts and both ordered kulfi, or Indian icecream, which wasn't really icecream at all. Apparently, so the owner explained to us, it is made by cooking condensed milk with spices. Strange, but yummie none the less.

When we left, the owner shook our hand and said he'd love to see us come back.

We definately will.