Taste of Berlin, Germany

Berlin, Germany

Taste of Berlin, Germany Reviews

Kaantie95 Kaantie95
Berlin A nice Diversified City Jan 20, 2009
Been in Kassel, Germany for 4 months now and had difficulty adjusting to relatively new environment and culture. First was the language, people around who prefers to speak in German, let's say, cold weather, difficulty in finding a suitable apartment, new job...none of it were negative nor too much to handle but was tough.

No friends, no chit chats, not easy to have long conversations in English in bars etc.

On saturday, Jan 17th. a colleague invited me to join her to Berlin, her home sweet home. Took the ICE train and stopped over at her apartment, said hi to her friends. Went out for Vietnamese lunch, a good change, nice restaurant called Monsiuer Vuong. After lunch kept walking with her giving a little tour.

A nice change compared to Kassel and much lively places, much lively people, waszzz so good to hear many people talking in english, having very diversified cultures and people around. These more international environment compared to kassel gave me a warm feeling. We hang out and saw some places.

Then, Walla, watching an english movie in the theatre was a taste to devour. In Kassel, it is very hard to find. So I grabbed her and we hit the movie watching Transporter 3. Nice. We hangout till late and chilled at some Italian place, nice bars and were too tired.

Next morning joined some of her French and Russian friends and went for breakfast, well almosta brunch and then hit the flea market. Ended up in the apartment and she cooked and all that.

Was a refreshing experience and now I am back in Kassel, feeling rejuvenated and ready for another short weekend trip if no where else, then definitely Berlin. There is so much to see.

We went and checked out the Berlin Park Inn Hotel where during Spring, we both will do the House Running, basically walking-running down the 2nd. highest building in Berlin tied to a rope. We both are thinking about doing it in a costume perhaps Spiderman, Batman and Catwoman sorts of things like that.

I like Berlin and recommend to anyone who wants a refreshing change and a break. There are many concerts and cultural events in Berlin and I will keep all of you TB posted on my own experiences in Berlin, yet to come.

Wishing all well.

Ganes

Germany

Related Travel Blogs About Taste of Berlin, Germany

Berlin - Germany
Today was not totally a travel day. I got to taste some really good Dutch pancakes Carolien made for breakfast for starters.I headed out early and picked up a little something for mom then headed bac…Today was not totally a travel day. I got to taste some really good Dutch pancakes Carolien made for breakfast…

Check Berlin Hotel Deals