Taste Bar

4584 Laclede Ave, Saint Louis, MO, USA

Taste Bar Saint Louis Reviews

MATRYOSHKA MATRYOSH…
nothing was exceptional Dec 15, 2011
I visited Taste with high expectations after my friends told me about their corky drinks. Unfortunately, I found myself very disappointed. The atmosphere works; it's cozy, nice for an intimate conversation, but almost so dark I had to use the candle to read the menu. The waitress was nice, and knew the menu well. I asked her to pick out her favorite drink for me.

Drinks. This is what it's all about, right? I hope my drink was simply a bad choice. It had ginger in it which made it hard to swallow. It was filled with sugar to offset the sharp taste of the ginger. After two sips I decided not to drink it. My friends ordered great drinks, I think I'm just not a fan of ginger maybe?

Food. I had not ate all day, so was planning on eating. We ordered the ROASTED ALMONDS and they were exploding with flavor, but once my calamari entree came I was thrown back! On the top of menu it says dishes are meant to be shared, but with only 3 pieces of calamari fried and thrown into a plop of marinara sauce. I thought to myself can we go to another restaurant? I just paid 30$ for an empty stomach.

I'll be back for the drinks, but not for dinner.
calamari marinara :(