600 Guerrero St, San Francisco, CA, USA
www.tartinebakery.com - (415) 487-2600

Tartine San Francisco Reviews

superduperfantastic superdup…
May 16, 2007
Went there for my birthday brunch. It was quite busy, but that was to be expected. No reservations. The line goes out the door. It's generally difficult to get a seat, but we were very lucky. The big table cleared as we were heading inside.

There were seven of us, and we ordered A LOT of food. The sandwiches are quite tasty, and the bread pudding is DELICIOUS. We also tried the lemon tart and chocolate pudding. Originally, we wanted to get the Croque Monsieur with ham, but they only had the cheese at the time... Due to some miscommunication, we ended up with the two cheese ones they had left. If we had waited, we could've had fresh sandwiches! It was still good though...

I'll definitely be going back on a day where I wouldn't mind the wait. What's the rush anyway?

Stars #1 and #2 - Bread pudding!

Star #3 - We found a table on our first try.

Star #4 - Hot sandwiches - YUM.
kchong kchong
Jan 14, 2006
[French] Bakery/Dessert place in SF's Mission DistrictOne of my favorite places in SF. What I love about this place is the atmosphere -- it's so comfortable. It's the type of place where you can spend an hour or two just reading by yourself. The quality of the desserts is very good, as is the food (try the sandwiches). The only thing this place lacks is originality/innovation in their menu.
Eric says:
Sounds like my kind of place, gonna have to try it out.
Posted on: Jan 14, 2006