Tarrant's

Richmond, Virginia

Tarrant's Richmond Reviews

Ashley_L_Mack Ashley_L…
Excellent food in Richmond May 11, 2008
Tarrant's was recommended to me by the concierge at Linden Row Inn. About a block and a half away this little restaurant serves some mighty good manicotti. They had Stella on tap too! As soon as I walked into the restaurant I was greeted by just about everybody on staff that night. Even sitting by myself at the bar I felt welcome. Their Clam Chowder was very rich, perhaps a bit too rich for me, but sensational none the less. And the Manicotti.... you know how you eat 'Italian' food and wished that the chef used a far better sauce b/c it tastes nothing like mom used to make? Not the case here. I was so surprised. Just like mom used to make, almost;-) Let's just say it was so good that I didn't realize just how hungry I was...I ate the entire bowl full! Of course, no trip to a new city, sitting in a mom-n-pop kind of place eating would be complete without meeting the local 'guy'. You know, the super friendly guy who comes in during work brakes and sits and talks with random people (or waitstaff if no customers are available.) This older gentleman decided to keep me company by telling me all about his new car and trying to guess where I was from while I ate. Once his break was over the staff kept me company. :)

Check Richmond Hotel Deals