Tarracota

7115946

Tarracota Montevideo Reviews

moeddel moeddel
Worth the Price for a good Parrilla May 11, 2008
Somebody at my hotel recommended this restaurant to me and I really liked it. It was in a nicer area of town and there were many other restaurants in the area, but I was told that this parilla (barbeque) was really good. I asked the waiter for a recommendation and ended up getting a house specialty called the Terracon. A nice large steak that filled my very empty tummy was a very welcomed treat. It went well with a bit of the house wine (red).

I then had my first taste of apple pancakes here with cup of ice cream and loved it. I wish I had room for a second. The pancakes were nice and warm with some type of carmalized feature that I just loved.

I arrived at 8:30pm which was way too early for everybody else in town but it did start to get crowded around 9:30pm. The restaurant does have two floors on the half that I was in and the upper floor actually is made out of some wood which can make it a bit noisy when people are above, but overall I loved the service and loved the food.

I didn’t go to many other nice restaurants Montevideo, but I felt I got a reasonable price. For my steak, half liter of wine and dessert my total was 580 pesos(US$29) plus tip.

Check Montevideo Hotel Deals