Tara Irish Pub (The)

020 421 2654

Tara Irish Pub (The) Amsterdam Reviews

turnerandrew turneran…
Great Irish Bar Apr 11, 2013
This place is really cool. Amazing bar inside, a great place for sunday roast dinner and catching a bit of sports but because its split into two sections you can also avoid that side of it too. Its also very easy to get to from Dam square and the shopping streets. It has 3 bars, open fire places and really interesting interior design and also a good place to play pool and drink Guinness , would recommend it highly. I will be going again today for a hair of the dog!
shirkka shirkka
Bad management Feb 27, 2011
I`ve been more times in Tara, it is enjoyable, the food is good, the prices are acceptable, but when you are with a group, there are always problems.

I made a reservation 2 weeks in advance, I was promissed a specific place, they didn`t want to give it anymore when we were there, it took 30 minutes to convince them and to understand that for the amount of people that were coming (and I reserved) all that they were offering was not enough.

The second time with a group, about 20 people, without reservation, we just went there, there were enough places, a guy said that we can`t sit at certain tables if we don`t eat. We don`t eat at 4 pm, but later, probably and of course we didn`t know how many would eat, so he got angry. That`s why we left in a better place, a mexican restaurant, where people could understand that we don`t eat right away, but drink a lot, have snacks, then later some real food.

So I don`t understand, when you go to Tara, you have to eat and you have to eat right away. Well...they lost few hundreds euro like that.
peppertm peppertm
The Tara Irish Pub Jul 24, 2009
A little Ireland in the heart of Amsterdam, The Tara Irish Pub is a relaxing atmosphere, perfect for conversation over good food. The staff was fantastic, asking us a lot about ourselves, like where we were from and where we’d been traveling, etc., and genuinely interested in what we had to say. It wasn’t too busy, but we had missed the lunch rush. The cooks definitely love their job, as they were singing along with the music, and talking and laughing with each other and the customers. It was a great place to eat, after having gone 3 weeks without pub food. The hamburger I got was huge, and with the side of fries, it was almost too much food, but, it was just what the doctor ordered. I’d definitely go back.

Check Amsterdam Hotel Deals