Taqueria el Mariachi

Tulum, Mexico
01 984 106 2032
Taqueria el Mariachi - More patio than building
Taqueria el Mariachi - my fish is perfect
Taqueria el Mariachi - proof this is Mexico.
Taqueria el Mariachi - Beer makes me happy.

Taqueria el Mariachi Tulum Reviews

diegodlg diegodlg
Fodor's and our cabby were right May 30, 2008
After visiting the ruins, I asked our cab driver for a good place to eat typical food and he recommended this place. It’s a large outdoor restaurant. Although the place has a roof it doesn't have walls except for around the bathrooms and kitchen. The place is charming and has a good mix of locals and tourist.

The menu is extensive and the prices are high for Mexico but lower than what you would find in the U.S.

I had the fish fillet. It was a fish called Mero, which I'm unfamiliar with, and was prepared grilled with butter and garlic. It was very good and definitely what I would call typically Mexican. It was served with a side of rice and vegetables with some tortillas. I topped it off with a Dos X Amber which has a great flavor (similar to Bohemia).

After eating I found out that it was also recommended by Fodor's which surprised me because that kind of recommendation usually tells you the place is a tourist trap... but not this time.

Tip is included in the bill - you don't need to ad extra because its already accounted for by your waiter.
More patio than building