Taqueria Mexicana

Taqueria Mexicana Ruston Reviews

montecarlostar montecar…
Worst of all the Mexican food options in Ruston Sep 01, 2012
Why can't we get decent Mexican food in North Louisiana? Grrrrrrrrrrr :(

I saw this place when I left the Military Museum and I thought about giving it a try, since I had never seen it before. The place looked authentic and the staff spoke Spanish (even though they were a little rude).

I checked the menu options and they had a few items that the other restaurant don't offer like barbacoa, menudo or shrimp tostadas. I went for the shrimp tostadas because I wanted to show them to my friend. We got some frijoles charros to start that were decently good. But these shrimp tostadas were the worst I've had in my life. Of course I wasn't expecting anything like those wonderful shrimp ceviche tostadas from Nayarit, but the taste of these ones was terrible! I think the shrimp was not very fresh and also I think the salsa they put on top was from a can. The avocados were not mature enough to be eaten and on top of all that, the price was 3 dollars for each tostada which I think it's insulting, since with that money we could have eaten in a more decent restaurant.

So, I was a little naive thinking this would be a better Mexican and it ended up being the worst, to my embarrasment in front of my friend :(
Front sign
Look good? They weren't!
montecarlostar says:
Thanks Sarah! And no worries, at least it was worth the feature! LOL!
sarahelaine says:
congratulations on the feature - sorry the food was so dire!
montecarlostar says:
me refiero al ceviche de camarĂ³n de nayarit ;)

Check Ruston Hotel Deals