Taqueria Guadalajara

(530) 297-4000

Taqueria Guadalajara Davis Reviews

joeytuan joeytuan
Mar 16, 2006
This is actually my favorite place to get a burrito on the face of the planet. Just like the rating says, this burrito is the end-all. My friends and I always go here on the way back to Berkeley from Tahoe. I vividly remember hauling ass down the I-80 and scaring the bejesus out of everyone in the car trying to make it before the doors closed. Don't do this. The sauce was slightly cold, making the experience less than immaculate for the first time. I recommend the wet burrito (sitting in and drenched with Enchilada sauce) with carne asada, pollo asada, or carnitas (but really, all their meat is high quality). Not only are the super burritos huge (and decently priced, at $5.45) but looks aren't deceiving. They are very tightly wrapped, offering more goodness per bite than any other burrito in existence. Lastly, you get free refills or Horchatas (also some of the very best I've had).

You may be thinking, "I'm not going to go all the way to Davis just for a burrito." To that I retort, "Saying no to Guadalajarais saying no to life."
kevinw83 says:
i hate all who say no to life. those life haters@
Posted on: Mar 28, 2006
Eric says:
Haha, nice retort! We should head back up to tahoe this season, if only to stop at guadie...
Posted on: Mar 18, 2006
kevinw83 kevinw83
Nov 25, 2005
Guadalajara is awesome. The wet burritos are so large, you always leave feeling like you've eaten a few bites over your comfortable limit. But hey, we're young and we can afford it!The thing that sets Guadalajara apart from other taquerias and burrito joints is that all of their meat is good, across the board. Most places, when I stray from carne asada or the regular pollo, I am sorely disappointed by the meat I get. But everything I've tried at Guady is always moist, tender and full of flavor. I especially like the carnitas now.Also, the place has an unlimited salsa bar. Gotta love it.
Eric Eric
Nov 25, 2005
I don't know if the burritos here are really that good or if they only taste good because I only come here after a long day of skiing at Tahoe and this is the first food I have on the drive back, but I think they are delicious. I'd recommend getting a carne asada wet burrito. The portions are huge and the flavors are simple but satisfying. Seems to be pretty popular with UC Davis students.

Check Davis Hotel Deals