Tao Asian Bistro

3255 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, NV, USA
Tao Asian Bistro - TAO Angry Dragon Roll with Eel and Kabayaki Sauce
Tao Asian Bistro - TAO Angry Dragon Roll with Eel and Kabayaki Sauce
Tao Asian Bistro - Our view from our table.
Tao Asian Bistro - Pad Thai Noodles
Tao Asian Bistro - Main Dining Room
Tao Asian Bistro - Great Company always enhances the experience.

Tao Asian Bistro Las Vegas Reviews

daniel_jetsetter daniel_j…
Pan-Asian dining in one Las Vegas's Hippest Hot-spots Feb 04, 2011
TAO Asia Bistro restaurant located in the heart of the Venetian Hotel has been a curiosity of mine since the first time I stepped foot into the Tao Nightclub. I’ve graced the club with my presence on several occasions but never the restaurant. Looking back, I’ve had the good fortune of taking many trips to Las Vegas either through planned trips or more often on a whim. The latter, so much so, I consider it my second home. So I guess this either makes me a Vegas whore, or quite possibly a Vegas connoisseur. Either way I know a thing or two about this sinful city.

I finally committed to setting my alarm clock and waking up at a reasonable time to make my 9:00 pm reservation that I placed on opentable.com. Being that Tao is also a night club I decided to call the restaurant to see if I would be able to easily access the club after dinner without waiting in a long line and paying cover. The Answer, yes! Well kinda… The hostess explained that I could request a hand stamp from our waiter for free access to the club. Unfortunately, I would have to wait in a line, luckily the VIP line, rather than the general public line that wrapped around the block, to enter the club. It did work out great though. We ate dinner, got free entrance (usually a $30 to $50 fee), and avoided a lengthy line!

As for the restaurant, we made the reservation early only to be told they were running behind and would have to wait 15 minutes to be seated. Luckily there was a large lounge area and bar to relax and drink while we waited.

Atmosphere:

The restaurant is very large and beautiful. There is booth and table seating on the first and second floor and the club is on the third floor that can be accessed within the restaurant lounge area. It’s obviously Asian themed with a large Buddha statue with a coy fishpond surrounding it as its focal point. The restaurant has a serene, Feng Shui like atmosphere, with a club vibe. It is somewhat loud and filled with a younger mixed crowd most likely going to the club after dinner. Definitely a great place for people watching!

Attire:

Club/ Dress to Impress.

Menu:

They have a great selection of Asian favorites including Japanese, Thai, and Chinese.

We ordered the Pad Thai Noodles and TAO Angry Dragon Roll with Eel and Kabayaki Sauce. We also ordered beer and mixed drinks. The Pad Thai was nicely seasoned and perfectly spicy. The sushi roll was fresh, with a great combination of flavors. The Kabayaki sauce was an added layer of flavor to the roll.

Price: $15-50 per entrée. $$$$

Review:

Overall Tao Asian Bistro has great food as well as a great Vegas vibe. It is definitely a spot to see and be seen. If you’re looking for a nice quiet romantic restaurant, this is not the place. If you are looking for an upscale, vibrant atmosphere with good food, possible celebrity sightings, and plenty of eye candy, this is your place!
Main Dining Room
Drink Menu
TAO Angry Dragon Roll with Eel and…
daniel_jetsetter says:
Well, maybe next time you visit Vegas!
Posted on: Feb 02, 2011
brettjayhawk says:
Nice never ate there but went for the club
Posted on: Feb 01, 2011
Blinkofaneye83 Blinkofa…
Amazing place! Mar 27, 2011
Ok... the pros... the food is to DIE FOR! The menu is very flexible. You can either take the Tapas approach (which we did and I would highly recommend) or you could order a couple large dishes. You should supplement your meal with some Sushi. A must try are the Yellowfin Roll with Crunchy Onions. Order a second roll however you'd like. That's right, if you can imagine it they'll make it for you. As for the Tapas I would recommend the Duck Egg Rolls and the Kobe Beef Carpacio (if you can deal with raw meat). Also, they make a great "Tao-jito" (their version of the Mojito, they even stick in a fresh piece of sugar cane). The service was quick and friendly. The restaurant it self is very cool with a huge Budah as the centerpiece.

Check Las Vegas Hotel Deals