Tanoa Paihia Hotel

Check Paihia Hotel Deals

Tanoa Paihia Hotel Reviews

sweettangerine sweettan…
Friendl family hotel Nov 12, 2014
The Tanoa hotel in Pahia is a superior tourist class hotel, located slightly up hill, about 5 to 10 minutes’ walk from the center of town and the wharf. Since I was part of a tour, I cannot say anything about the check-in experience. Our key was already waiting.

The hotel is more of a complex consisting of various buildings. The reception building also houses the breakfast restaurant and a small outdoor swimming pool. The other, 2-storey buildings feature the bed rooms.

We got a spacious room on the 2nd floor (stairs are outside, no elevator) with a queen bed and two single beds. I would guess this was family room. The room is air-conditioned/heated and features a flat screen tv, coffee and tea making facilities, an iron and a hair dryer. Wifi is charged. You need to buy a 24h voucher at reception, yet we did get one voucher included thanks to the tour we were on.

The bathroom is very spacious with a great new shower that offered superb water pressure and I really liked the large collection of complimentary manuka honey toiletries on offer.

We had dinner at the hotel, but the buffet didn’t impress me much. The choice was limited and the items didn’t get refilled. However this could be just because our tour company arranged it that way. Also the continental breakfast buffet was a bit poor on choice but this could be put down to the same reason.

Nonetheless the Tanoa is a good tourist class hotel with comfortable rooms and a friendly family feel.
reception building