Tanjung Tinggi Beach

belitung island, Indonesia

Tanjung Tinggi Beach belitung island Reviews

yuness yuness
'Awesome Granite Rock' Aug 14, 2010
Arriving at the hotel my feet feel that they can not wait to discover the island of Belitung with its beautiful beaches. Hmmmm .. I do not just want to hear from friends who have been here or just look at the beauty of the Belitung Island from television or just watching the movie “Laskar Pelangi” that featured about the beauty of the island but I want to also visit this island. So now I’m here to begin my adventure. I just have time to put my luggage in my hotel room before my adventure is to begin, as there is a driver waiting in the lobby, ready to take us on our first journey towards Tanjung Tinggi Beach

Tanjung Tinggi Beach is situated on the Island and is located not far from Tanjung Kelayang beach and is approximately 31 km from the town of Tanjung Pandan. This beach has an area of 80 acres that can be reached within 45 minutes of this city with a car hire or travel agent.

Along the way to Tanjung Tinggi beach it is very quiet and only a few cars are passing us, a difference of a 180 degrees away from my home City of the Capital Jakarta, this alone made me start falling in love with Belitung Island. My eyes never stop to sight see along the way, while my friends behind me just chatting all the time. I was just silent with eyes of admiration.

On arrival at Tanjung Tinggi Beach, my eyes are still full of admiration as I take sight of the amazing beautiful Beach, just as in 2009 when I first saw the Beach in the movie "Laskar Pelangi"the filming was located here for the White sandy beaches and the awesome Granite Rock formations. The water here is crystal clear…Wow… I will never regret coming here!

With only 4 hours here, I was soon swimming in the waters of turquoise, I never wanted to stop swimming but with large rocks and a White Sandy beach to explore I have so much to do here. Absolutely perfect, when you spend time in Tanjung Tinggi Beach. You'll feel as if you are somewhere in a dream. Like me, at this beach, truly an unforgettable experience. It’s not surprising so many tourists who visit, see for themselves the beauty of the beaches in the Belitung Island, so if you're on the Belitung Island, make sure you visit Tanjung Tinggi Beach.

Other activities at this beach include fishing, rock climbing, swimming and surfing etc.. Near the beach there are also several hotels and small cafes. So, you can linger at this beach and know better the culture of the Belitung Island communities.

Tanjung Tinggi beach is gorgeous and beautiful, it is a ready made place to fall in love with and I will certainly come back again here in the coming years.
yuness says:
Posted on: May 17, 2013
davidx says:
Fine review and great pics. Thanks
Posted on: May 14, 2013