Tampopo

Manchester, England

Tampopo Manchester Reviews

sarahelaine sarahela…
Tampopo Jun 13, 2011
Tampopo is an Asian restaurant near the Arndale Shopping Centre in Manchester.  It has a very reasonably priced express menu, at £7.50 for a main dish and a side dish.   There is also a longer menu with lots of different food not on the express menu, and some really nice deserts.

The food is very nice, and there is a good range of beers and other drinks, including Beer Lao, which I love.  I enjoyed my meal very much.  The service was very good too, and very patient when some of the group we were eating with were late.

This is probably a better place to go in winter than summer, as it is in a basement.  Mind you, the weather isn’t all that nice all that often in Manchester so you might not be that bothered about the lack of natural light.  There is a long open kitchen, and you eat at long wooden tables.  The décor isn’t especially memorable but it was pleasant.  This is a much better place to eat than any of the restaurants in the nearby Printworks, as it is calmer and less crowded, and the food is better than the places I have tried nearby.  I think this would be a good place to bring a group of friends to finish off a shopping trip, and less good for a date.

Bear in mind it is down some stairs, and I didn’t see a lift – that might make it tricky if you have small children or someone with poor mobility with you.

Check Manchester Hotel Deals