Tamarind Restaurant

(091) 568 010

Tamarind Restaurant Galway Reviews

traceyirish traceyir…
Just lovely! Jun 10, 2012
We went for dinner in Tamarind restaurant on a Saturday evening, of a bank holiday weekend. We had no reservation but the staff were happy to accomadate us as we got there early (about 7pm).

Tamarind offers Asian food, mostly Malay I think. They had a special offer the night we ate there... 3 course meal for €29.50 incl tea/coffee. They also have an á la carte menu.

We went for the special offer menu, which had plenty of choice, even for my vegetarian friend. Tamarind also had a coeliac menu.

The menu lists the spiciness of each dish, which can be reduced if you're not of the spicy persuasion! I opted for the baked Salmon with Malay spice crust, which was just the right side of spicy for me!

By dessert we were stuffed, but said we woul spoil ourselves anyway! I got the chocolate cake, which was perfectly moist, even after being heated!

We washed down our meal with some yummy Tiger beer, from the restaurant's large drinks menu. They even have a cocktail list!

The staff were friendly and the service was really quick, even though it was packed to the rafters in there!

I would definatley reccomend Tamarind for a lunch or dinner. They also cater for groups, as there were many hen/stag parties eating there the same night as us. (They were quite well behaved though, I suppose they hadn't had much to drink by then!)

Check Galway Hotel Deals