Tama Ryokan

Check Tokyo Hotel Deals

Tama Ryokan Tokyo Reviews

girlrobot girlrobot
Mar 23, 2006
This was a very interesting place to stay in Tokyo. First off, it was somebody's house who they turned into an inn. I believe they live in the downstairs portion. On their website they said there were 4 rooms total. When I stayed there with my group of friends we occupied 3 of those rooms. I'm pretty sure they had even more rooms then that though since I saw at least 6 other people staying there (at least two other groups)while I was there too. Normally, this wouldn't be a problem but they only have 2 toilets and one shower stall. So depending on what time you shower, you could have a long wait. I do have to admit though that their shower stall was very spacious. Another odd fact is that they don't have locks on their doors! No lock on the front door and no locks for each of the individual rooms. The innkeeper kept insisting that "Tokyo is very safe" though and I have to admit while we were staying there there were no problems but it just feels weird not to have locked doors! Also, they have two cats that they let roam around. Several times, one of the cats would open our sliding doors itself and come into our room in the middle of the night and lay on our bed! My bf hates cats so that really bothered him. We also found what we believe to be cat poop (we were sure it was poop but it seemed a bit too big to be a cat's) in the hallway!!!! Probably the only redeeming factor of this place is that it is very conveniently located. It is very close to subway stations and only a few stops from Shibuya, Harajuku, and Shinjuku. Overall, I would not stay here again.

Check Tokyo Hotel Deals