Tam-awan Village

Baguio, Philippines

Compare Baguio City Hotel Rates (1.6km away)

Tam-awan Village Baguio Reviews

travelwithyhanz travelwi…
A Jan 25, 2012
Staying in a place-of-art (literally!) never came to mind. It was triggered by a day tour in Baguio couple of months ago. My office friends decided to do a side trip to Baguio City after our surfing escapade in La Union. One of the places we visited is Tam-awan Village. I was so entrailed by its simplicity and uniqueness I decided to go back and stay for a night.

The village was built and maintained by the Chanum Foundation and artists in Baguio City. The cottages (more likely, small houses/huts) is quiet a replica of Cordillera's architecture and infrastructure. The village itself is like a "little Cordillera". Surprisingly, the huts are put together not by a single nail nor a rope but by just putting and balancing it together until it forms a unique, authentic and unbelievable solid hut. The place is open for daytime tour and overnight stay.

Trekking up and down the village took what little energy I have left from the long travel, I decided to chillax (chill and relax) in the restaurant. Color me surprise, the restaurant has a wireless Internet connection (wifi). Come to think of it, no matter how far I am from the civilization, how old-looking the village is and how authentic the huts and arts in the place are - technology was still able to penetrate it (Talk about living in 20th century!).

The restaurant is not offering as many meals and recipe as other restaurants in Baguio City but they have the best coffee.

Compare Baguio City Hotel Rates (1.6km away)

Baguio Map