Tam O'Shanter Restaurant

Tam O'Shanter Restaurant - Shrimp Cocktail appetizer

Tam O'Shanter Restaurant Los Angeles Reviews

Andy99 Andy99
Delicious and hearty fare at the Tam O'Shanter Oct 25, 2010
The Tam O'Shanter has been serving prime rib of beef at its Tudor Inn locale since 1922. "The Tam" is a popular place for Sunday Brunch and group gatherings. The decor follows a Scottish theme, including severs in Highland-inspired attire. There are also themed dishes such as Toad in the Hole and Crepes Queen Mary. The Ale & Sandwich Bar offers carved sandwiches and salads for lunch.

We had our reunion brunch here on Sunday morning. I selected Eggs Benedict along with a Tam O'Shanter Salad. Brunch included champagne or sparkling cider and warm currant scones. (The scones were delicious was was the rest of the meal!) Others tried Toad in the Hole (Yorkshire Pudding) or a Tam Omelet and pronounced them delectable.

Returning to Los Angeles in June 2011, Susan and I stopped in for lunch at The Tam. Our costumed waitress first brought a basket of fresh warm sourdough bread. Delicious! I ordered a Carved Plate with roast beef. (Customers go to the Ale & Sandwich Bar to order Carved Plates directly from the chef.) It came with mashed potatoes and creamed corn. Susan ordered a Tam O'Shanter Cobb Salad. The food and atmosphere were as delightful as ever! I even had dessert, C.C. Brown's Hot Fundge Sundae. Served with a minature pitcher of hot fudge, it was the best hot fudge sundae I have ever had!

Update 2013. Susan and I returned for Brunch. A basket of warm scones and blueberry muffins preceded the meal. We had a Shrimp Cocktail appetizer and I ordered a Monte Cristo sandwich from the Brunch Menu. Susan ordered quiche and found it one of the best!

Definitely recommended!
Tam O'Shanter Restaurant
Interior of the Tam O'Shanter
Costumed server at Tam O'Shanter
Tam O'Shanter historical marker
Daive says:
darn, i was hoping for a food picture hehe (sounds great)!
Posted on: Jun 19, 2011
sweetsummerdaiz says:
This place used to have wonderful chocolate suffles'! It was just down the street from where I used to live.
Posted on: Nov 29, 2010