Talisker Distillery

Carbost, Scotland

Talisker Distillery Carbost Reviews

davidx davidx
As good as it gets! Nov 19, 2010
Cheap is the £5 adult charge for the tour - NOT the whisky. While on the subject of price, if you are not experienced with Scotch and want to try something, do try to afford the extra and get a single malt - and don't buy a bottle at a distillery! You'll get the same thing more cheaply in a good supermarket, particularly in Scotland.

Tastes of malts vary more than you might expect and every whisky enthusiast has their own favourites. Talisker, with a very peaty taste, happens to be one of mine but you will meet many who prefer the east coast whiskies.

Talisker is the name of an estate between the village of Carbost, where the distillery is to be found. and the sea. When you reach the coast there is a beautiful bay and beach..
davidx says:
I love Talisker - but the tasters come only just below the limit to what I am allowed these days.
Posted on: Nov 20, 2010
Saskia007 says:
He he I just did this tour a few weeks ago and wrote about my experiences about it but not being the whiskey connoisseur I think the tasting was wasted on me :) Shame I was a few weeks later or you a few weeks earlier - we could have met!
Posted on: Nov 19, 2010

Compare Struan Hotel Rates (9.5km away)

Talisker Distillery Map