Tal Bagels

Tal Bagels - Cinnamon raisin bagel

Tal Bagels New York Reviews

travelfan1963 travelfa…
Best Bagel in Manhattan Oct 04, 2010
One of the things associated with New York City is bagels and there are several internet blogs discussing who makes the best. When I am visiting New York City, my vote goes to Tal Bagels located at 977 1st Avenue. This bakery has been a part of the Midtown East neighborhood for years and the bagels are consistently good. I never miss coming here if I am in New York City.

Choices of bagels include whole wheat, plain, cinnamon raisin (my favorite), sesame, garlic, salt or onion. Every bagel I've had is always crisp on the outside with incredibly soft dough on the inside. Large varieties of spreads are also available including cream cheese, butter and several fish spreads including lox, nova, baked salmon, sturgeon, whitefish or herring.

A bagel with cream cheese will run roughly U.S. $2.25 each and makes for a great breakfast.

Tal also has the best fresh orange juice from Florida in their refrigerated section. I have looked everywhere to find this brand as this orange juice is so, so good.

Tal is the word for deli and lunches are also available. All sorts of sandwiches and cold cuts are on order for lunch.

When visiting this deli, Tal will now toast bagels for visitors. This was a big no-no to ask in the past (staff would get upset!), but since they've recently renovated, a toaster is now available.

Be sure to know the system when ordering at Tal. The line moves quickly (neighborhood locals are lined up for their bagels) and keep moving toward the register once an order has been placed. Locals don't want anyone to get between them and their bagels.

I love a good bagel and if you are in New York City, I highly recommend Tal. I have relatives in the area and they go to Tal at least once or twice a week. To me, hands-down, Tal's is the place for bagels in Manhattan.
Welcome to Tal Bagels
Lots of bagels to pick
Lots of fish spreads
Pastries to pick from
Glynnes says:
Being a New Yorker, I Luv this place.
Posted on: Oct 06, 2010
sarahsan says:
Looks good! Cinnamon raisin bagels are my favorites too!
Posted on: Nov 03, 2009