Taking the Siem Reap to Phnom Penh bus

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Taking the Siem Reap to Phnom Penh bus Reviews

CinnamonCookie Cinnamon…
Which is the best way to travel? Mar 25, 2009
If you want to travel from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh (and vice versa) there are so many companies that can take you, which one will you choose?

If you care for your safety, and are willing to pay a few dollars more for that, go for the Mekong Express bus. ($10/$11) This is probably one of the safest companies, they have friendly hostesses and provide for a bottle of water and a snack. It will take about 6 hours and leaves from the busstation in Siem Reap. As it is a very popular company, get your tickets two days before departure.

For the same amount of money you can also travel with the Apsara Khmer minibus, which is faster (five hours, five 1/2 hours) and just as expensive as the Mekong Express bus ($10/$11). They don't have a toilet on board though, and they stop once at Kampong Thom. Make sure you get seats either next to the driver or the three seats behind the driver. Further in the back are smaller seats and bumpier. Bottle of water and snack are also provided here.

The rest of them are the cheaper options between $4 and $8 dollars. I've not heard any horror stories, but not any good ones either.

I've been up and down this road for about 7 or 8 times, and usually I take the Apsara Khmer minibus.
yeyepot says:
Thanks. By the way can you recommend a good place to stay in Siem Reap. Thanks.
Posted on: Dec 11, 2011
GalenChuGee says:
thx, this is very useful. I will be there on 18 Nov. I will take bus from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap. We asked the holiday buy the ticket for us. He can't give the bus company name for us. He said the hotel has his own agent.
Posted on: Oct 17, 2010

Related Travel Blogs About Taking the Siem Reap to Phnom Penh bus

On to Phnom Penh
Our itinerary said we'd be taking a "local bus" to from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh. For me, this conjured up images of a rickety and hot bus full of people and livestock. But our local bus turned out to…taking a "local bus" to from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh. For me, this conjured up images of a rickety…

Check Siem Reap Hotel Deals