AsiaMacauMacauMacau Tips

Macau Ferry Terminal, Macau, Macau

Taking a Taxi in Macau Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Bring a picture Jan 25, 2012
The worst part of taking the taxi was to stand in the line at the Macau Ferry Terminal, where a lot of people kept on trying to take your place in the line by shifting between the two queues all the time. After having been used to the large Toyota's in Hong Kong it was like stepping a class down watching the small taxi's that they had in Macau; many of them were Toyota Yaris size.

I had no control of the exchange rate between the Hong Kong dollar and the Macau Patacas other that if I paid in HK$ and got the right amount of Patacas I was cheated with 15-20% and that was also what happen when I paid. When I looked at the money returned to me it was a mix of money from Macau and China.

Macau is a pretty confusing city to drive in so I didn't have any feeling with the drivers ability to drive the straight road towards my request and compared to Hong Kong the driver didn't have any skills in the English language, so I was lucky that I had a book with a picture of Saint Paul’s Cathedral where I was heading. I felt that he drove straight to the target but compared to Hong Kong it was quite pricy.
The taxi queue at the ferry termin…
Chokk says:
Sarah - it was soooo cold - only 6 degrees and 91% humidity
sarahsan says:
I walked from the ferry terminal to the historic quarter. The walk was an interesting experience. A walking tour is described in Lonely Planet. It was quite good!
Chokk says:
You are more than welcome, Ivar
Posted on: Feb 25, 2012

Compare Macau Hotel Rates (1.3km away)

Taking a Taxi in Macau Map