Taking Martiel to Tolhuin and Ushuaia

Rio Grande, Argentina

Taking Martiel to Tolhuin and Ushuaia Rio Grande Reviews

hobawest hobawest
Taking Martiel to Tolhuin and Ushuaia Apr 01, 2013
I had a great round-trip experience with Martiel, a bus service between Rio Grande, Tolhuin, and Ushuaia.

They were running a bit behind but picked me up at the hotel. The driver was very nice. He took me to the Martiel office where I purchased my ticket; and then all the passengers loaded onto the bus for the three hour trip.

The driver was very safe and at no time did I feel unsafe, especially considering that some roads didn't have dividing lines or marked lanes.

We arrived in Tolhuin for a quick pit stop where I was able to purchase a pastry and Coke from a local shop; about halfway to Ushuaia. Afterwards, we arrived in Ushuaia and he dropped me off at my hotel.

A day later, I had the concierge contact Martiel for the trip back to Rio Grande. He showed up at the hotel at the designated time and I just repeated the process from the day earlier.

The trip was 170 ARP (~ $34), each way.

They run eight trips a day (M-Sa) and six trips on Sundays and holidays between the three towns. It's a really great way to see parts of Tierra del Fuego.

Check Rio Grande Hotel Deals