Takayama

Takayama, Japan

Takayama Reviews

-Squar3s- -Squar3s-
Some advice and best restaurant of the city. Mar 21, 2012
OK ok, forgive me for that, I told you I wouldn't write anything about restaurants...

Shall we start?

If you're in the middle part of Japan. I'd start in Kanazawa, then Shirakawago and finally Takayama. I did it that way cause I started in Osaka, but if you start in Tokyo, no need to tell you can do it as well.

Takayama bus station is in the south of the city. Everything interesting lays in the north part of the city( Temples, Ryokans, Distilleries...). Its streets are just amazing, so beautiful, for a moment you can imagine yourself living in the old Japan. I was sleeping in a ryokan close to the Miyagawa river, which was pretty good cause I had everything so close (The morning market, the local business...).

Let's go for the restaurant. First of all, I lost the card he gave me.(This must be the worst restaurant advice ever hahaha.) Anyway, what I'm sure is that the restaurant is right behind Ryokan Seiryuu. It's a small street. His name was Tsutsumi and he spoke many languages! In the entrance of the small restaurant he has some pictures of tourist who have eaten there, so you'll find yourself pretty comfortable. Even though he looks like a typical Japanese teenager that loves video-games and stuff like that, the food is just delicious! And the prices are great!

My advice is simple here. You shouldn't miss the city, and there're pretty great restaurants ( french cuisine too ) but if you can find this one, you should definitely try it ;)

Marc.

PS: Sake Sake Sake Sake :D

I'll post the picture so you can have an idea.
Wait!!!