Taj Mahal

Taj Mahal - Exhausted and very thirsty

Taj Mahal Dubrovnik Reviews

FoxyFauz FoxyFauz
Misconception of a name but nonetheless delicious Mar 14, 2015
This restaurant (or Konoba as it is called in Croatian) Taj Mahal. Usually when one thinks Taj Mahal, India comes to mind or in the case of restaurant - Indian cuisine. This restaurant however serves Bosnian food NOT Indian food. The waiters are dressed in traditional Bosnian costume complete with the hat!

We came here for our lunch after doing the citywall tour. We were therefore pretty exhausted and looking for a shady place to have our meal, nothing big or grand as the heat takes away my appetite.

As this was lunch hour most places are already pretty booked out. So we found this restaurant on a quiet street. We would prefer to sit indoor with aircondition as I was just totally wiped out. But we only manage to secure a table outdoors as the restaurant is quite small and indoors are all packed.

We ordered 2 bottles of sparkling water plus 1 beer for my husband. No need for starters, just straight to the main course! We had Cevapi also known as Cevapcici having previously tried it in Bosnia. I tried the desert (cannot remember what is it called) and my husband had turkish coffee. It was delicious and I am fully satisfied with my meal.
Desert for me while my husband hav…
Exhausted and very thirsty
EduTrindade EduTrind…
Bosnian flavour in ancient Croatia Dec 29, 2011
It may be quite a surprise to find a "konoba" (small restaurant) called Taj Mahal inside the amazing streets of Dubrovnik. The place serves Bosnian cuisine and is colorfull and cheerfull.

One should try the traditional "cevapi" (small grilled rolls of ground beef served in flat bread) or any of the veg or non-veg recipes from the menu - which a strong Bosnian flavour that differentiates it from other restaurants in the city. And, after the meal, a coup of tea, of course.

Check Dubrovnik Hotel Deals